Lizzie Post, the granddaughter of the famed etiquette queen, Emily Post, was recently featured on Style me Pretty with a few choice tips for brides and grooms on the rules of wedded bliss. While so many of those old rules have been thrown out the window and modern couples are encouraged to be themselves and use their big day as an expression of their couple’s style, being gracious and polite absolutely NEVER goes out of style. We like the idea of keeping some of these key tips in mind and always embodying the utmost in manners especially during such an important time in your life. Here is the roundup of our favorite money-saving and money savvy tips for the ultra modern bride! Enjoy!
1. It’s not polite to ask for cash, so subtly hint. Parents and the bridal party can spread the word too.
2. No. 1 rule of budgeting: start with the wedding guest list. An intimate gathering is a chic way to stay on budget.
3. It’s OKto reward yourself! When making those big vendor payments, try and choose a credit card instead of a check and earn cash back.
4. Tactfully negotiate with vendors through prioritization. An experienced vendor can stretch the budget if he/she knows what matters most to you.
5. Wedding Vendors are integral to your day, so always be kind, thank them for their help and services, and make prompt payments. Set up mobile alerts to ensure you don’t forget outstanding invoices.
6. Locally source your wedding. It’s eco-friendly and budget-friendly, while ensuring that your meal, wine and flowers are as fresh as possible.
7. With the average cost of a new wedding gown between $1,000-1,800, it’s perfectly acceptable and sensible to rent, borrow or purchase a pre-owned wedding dress.