As your big day approaches, you want to feel and look your best. The choices you make in the days leading up to your wedding can have devastating results. For instance, right before your wedding is not the time to experiment with new beauty treatments because you may not be happy with the results. Here is a list of 5 things you should avoid doing before your wedding.
- Experimenting with your hair. You never know how your hair will react to a new color. If you are going to switch up your routine, try it at least a month or two before your wedding. This will give you plenty of time to fix any mistakes without damaging your hair. You also want to avoid any drastic haircuts in case you don’t like the results.
- Avoid alcohol. Drinking can make you look and feel puffy. It also disrupts your digestive system and contains large amounts of unnecessary calories. It is a good idea to limit your intake at least a week before your wedding, and make sure you drink plenty of water.
- Don’t fall for juice cleanses. Many brides try juice cleanses as a way to quickly lose extra pounds, but these fad diets can sap your energy and make you irritable. It is better to stick to a balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and healthy proteins.
- New facial products and treatments. Treating yourself to a facial before the big day sounds like a great way to relax, but don’t try any new treatments right before the big day, especially strong treatments such as microdermabrasion. You never know how your skin will react. It is also not a good idea to try new lotions or other skin products. If you want to try these products, test them several months before your wedding.
- Too much caffeine. The week of the wedding can be hectic, so it is tempting to overdose on caffeine. Unfortunately, caffeine can wreak havoc on your looks by causing dehydration and dark circles under your eyes. Making sure you get enough sleep is a better option.
It is best to try any new looks or products well in advance so you know how your body reacts and if you like the outcome. It is also essential that you make healthy choices in the days leading up to your wedding. Getting enough sleep and making healthy food and drink choices is the best way to make sure you look and feel your best on your big day.