Operation Groom Involvement
Whether you’ve been planning your wedding for a couple days or a few months, chances are that most of the work is falling on the bride’s shoulders. Many grooms-to-be are willing to help, but they don’t have the faintest idea where to start. Here are a few tasks to delegate in an attempt to get the groom involved:
1. Spreadsheets: The wedding budget and guest list should be agreed upon by both parties involved, but if your guy is the organized type, ask him to put together detailed spreadsheets for both. It’s a tedious task, but it has to be done, and it’ll save you fiancé from being forced to pick out flowers or china patterns.
2. Rehearsal Dinner: It’s customary for the groom’s family to pay for the rehearsal dinner, so why not let him plan it? Ask your mate to choose a theme, venue, menu, and even invitations. This is a great chance to let his personality and tastes come to the forefront in an important, but relaxed, wedding event.
3. Honeymoon Planning: Relinquish control of the honeymoon to your significant other, giving him the reins to plan a dream vacation for the two of you. If you’d like some involvement, discuss guidelines (budget, climate, length of stay, etc), or add to the excitement by letting your groom plan every detail, including the surprise destination.
4. Groomsmen Attire: Task your man with the responsibility of organizing attire for the male members of the bridal party. Have him pick out a tuxedo or suit and make the necessary arrangements for rental or purchase for each of the guys (including your fathers, grandparents, or other family members donning wedding duds). The Best Man’s Job
5. Negotiate: When it comes to wedding planning, everything’s negotiable. If you’re about to marry a no-nonsense businessman, ask him to handle negotiations with various wedding vendors. This eliminates stress from you and results in cash saved.
6. Food Selection: They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so why not play on his strengths and get his input on the wedding fare? Invite him along to taste-testings or task him with the responsibility of selecting appetizers and drinks for the cocktail hour. Wedding Dessert Options
7. Music Selection: If your beau is a music buff, put his talent to work. Ask him to choose songs to be played during the wedding ceremony, photo slideshow, or important dances at the reception.
8. Registry Relief: Selecting items for your wedding registry can be a daunting task. Make sure your groom joins you and turn it into a fun pre-wedding event! Enjoy the time together, browsing through stores, to find the perfect home goods to deck out your new joint home.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] your man with specific tasks related to the wedding that might be of interest to him. To get your groom involved, ask him to plan the honeymoon, help with a reception playlist, or sample food from the caterer. By […]
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!