You’ve taken the engagement pictures and announced to everyone you’re getting married! Now, comes the planning part. A Wedding checklist can be very helpful. So what type of list are we talking about? That depends on how far out you are from the date.
If your wedding date is a year or more away here are some things we recommend checking off:
- Make sure the date and time are available for your venue/religious establishment
- Establish a budget
- Decide how big you want your wedding to be
- Choose your wedding party
- Pick a theme or color scheme
- Meet and book officiant
- Begin the guest list
These are some bigger checklist items that you don’t need to get super detailed quite yet. A lot of them like picking your wedding party and the guest list can be fun. Some brides like to find fun, sentimental ways to ask their bridesmaids to be in the wedding.
If your wedding date is nine months or shorter here are some recommended wedding checklist things to look at:
- Announce the engagement
- Get your wedding dress and plan any alterations
- Meet and book photographer/videographer
- Meet and book any entertainment like a Chicago Wedding DJ or live music
- Book the florist
- Get the details on the venue – do you need to rent chair covers, table clothes, linens, etc.
- Research nearby hotel accommodations for out of town guests
- Look at Honeymoon Options
If you are less than four months out here’s what you should be looking at:
- Decide on wedding vows
- Marriage license
- Compile guest lists for showers and give to maid of honor or whoever is throwing the shower
- Plan bachelor/bachelorette party
- Confirm music and event details
- Purchase parents’ gifts and wedding party gifts
- Have programs printed
- Make hair and beauty appointments for the big day
- Get final dress fitting and any alterations
There are a million other details you could get caught up in as well! These are basic, general wedding checklist items you’ll want to think about.