Tips & Tricks for Wedding Organization
Planning a wedding is arguably one big, long test of organization and time management. Staying on top of things is KEY, or the whole process can get really overwhelming and out of hand if you aren’t keeping track of everything.
Here are our tips for staying organized while planning your wedding:
1. Get yourself a binder and some dividers, and make your own wedding organizer. Fill it as you go with inspiration photos, vendor contracts, business cards, and anything else you get that you need to keep track of.
2. Do most of your communication through email so there is written documentation of everything. You can print it out and put it in your binder.
3. Find a calendaring
system that works for you. Whether it be a planner or on your Smartphone calendar, keep this with you at all times!
4. Have an individual document (either on the computer or on paper) to track wedding financials.
- Each group contributing to the wedding financially (if you have multiple parties paying), showing their total contribution, anything they have paid so far, and the balance left over
- Each vendor showing total cost, amount paid, balance,and whether there are any refundable deposits (e.g., our venue has one)
- Miscellaneous money-related items to take note of (e.g., amount of cash needed on hand the dayof the wedding for vendor tips)
5. This may sound silly, but having a planner and binder won’t do you any good unless you actually USE it. Wedding organization in the form of binders are great but you need to be sure to keep updating them. So make sure to keep them handy and that way you won’t miss a meeting or (worse) a payment!
Follow these tips and you get to feel the sweet relief of knowing all your wedding organization is under control and at your fingertips anytime.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!